Pages

Sunday 2 March 2014

Things I fell in love with in February

February was all about new things, which was rather nice given the dreary as hell weather. The winter has been super mild with regards to temperature but made up for it by being windy and wet as hell. Blergh.

Pretty much the perfect time of year to get stuff done, I finally got an eye test. Yeah way over due and yeah I really needed to get a new prescription. Pretty much the perfect excuse to update my frames too.


Tired? Check. Full of the cold? Check. Well excited over new glasses? Yup! They are the coco loco frames in black from Glasses Direct. Love them, and I love glasses direct. Well made glasses for a fraction of the cost of the high street. The quality is much better than the cheap glasses I've bought before from well know high street opticians. In Scotland everyone is entitled to an eye test on the NHS every two years, so I don't feel to guilty about not buying anything from my optician. Not that I could afford to right now anyway. Glasses direct seem to have constant offers on and I managed to get a new pair of glasses and subscription sunglasses for less than it would have been to buy the cheapest pair of glasses in the opticians or having my old glasses re-glazed.The service was fast, totally going to use them again.

I have a list or allergies and intolerances about a mile long, as a result not only is my diet pretty restricted but my husband's is too because some things just can't come into the house. One of the thing he really, really misses is peanut butter. Then one of our friends sent me a link to Wowbutter, a peanut butter alternative made from soya beans.

Image courtesy of Wowbutter

I was kind of sceptical at first, but then read a few reviews and ordered three jars from Amazon.co.uk ( the cheapest UK source I could find) and I am so glad I did. This stuff is amazing. Bloke says it tastes just like peanut butter, a slightly more claggy texture if he's being very picky. But spot on. I've made some random friends try it, not telling them what it was which caused some serious confusion till I showed them the jar. It comes in smooth, creamy and crunchy options, but Bloke is all about the crunchy so that's what we got.

The label peels back to reveal peanut safe stickers for lunchboxes etc.
Image courtesy of Wowbutter
Which are really handy because a lot of schools are peanut free or if like me you just really like an excuse to put stickers on things.

It's dairy free, egg free, gluten free and peanut and tree nut free. I've concluded it must be actually magic. It bakes well in cookies, seriously how have I lived without wowbutter choch chip cookies. I made a batch and we wolfed them down in an evening. In short i am in love, with a jar of spread. My life is so exciting, let me tell you...

Other things that have been exciting me:

I'm pretty excited for March even though lent starts scarily soon.
What's been exciting you of late?

Minnie xoxo

1 comment:

Thoughts?