Pages

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Moving Amnesia

How do I manage to forget how much I hate moving? Every single time I get stuck with the awful realisation that we own a ridiculous amount of stuff for two people. Like multiple pairs of shoes, tools, books, hobby related stuff and don't even get me started on kitchen stuff. I swear we cull all this every time we move. Ruthlessly going through our possessions until we've got the bare minimum. Alas the bare minimum is still quite a lot, especially now that white goods (fridge and freezer) have been thrown into the mix. I do understand that we don't actually own that much, but two people with hobbies in a tiny flat? Yeah not much fun.

Anyway I always forget how much I hate this process. Or at least the packing side of things.

Still, I'm slowly attacking what feels like taking down mounds of artwork and putting up the fairly horrendous Ikea prints that came with the flat back up.

Thankfully we're moving into a much bigger, brighter space. Hurrah! This flat has been great for a really easy commute to uni but the Landlord has put it up for sale and its a bit dark and dingy in any weather that isn't bright sunshine (which lets be honest is pretty rare in Scotland.) And the new place is on the other end of the scale, a bit of a ways out but big, bright and  airy and with a wood stove hopefully much, much cheaper to heat than out current place with its ancient storage heaters.


Any tips for staying sane during all this packing?

Minnie xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?